Personal Assistant have improved a lot over the years, and now they’re better than ever. Now, one of the main factors that played a huge role in making these digital assistants better is what you told them over time. It’s true, many digital assistants record everything you tell them and then use that information to improve themselves. If you didn’t know that and want to delete everything you’ve ever told your personal assistant, we can help. In this guide, you will learn how to delete everything you have said to your personal assistant.
How to Erase Everything You’ve Ever Said to Google Assistant
Let’s start with Google Assistant, which is arguably one of the most popular and best digital assistants. Like other digital assistants, Google Assistants also record everything you say to them, but you can easily delete it by following simple steps. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to myaccount.google.com to access your Google settings.
- In the settings, go to the section Data and personalization.
- Search now Manage your activity checks and click on it.
- Scroll down and uncheck Include audio settings.
If you want Google to automatically delete everything about you, click on the section Automatic deletion just below Include audio settings and select the duration. Once you click next, Google will display previous activity, which you can delete. That’s it.
If you want to delete everything you’ve ever said to Google Assistant, here’s how.
- Go to myactivity.google.com
- Find now Filter by date and product and click on it.
- Check the box next to Assistant and click on Apply.
- Now the next step is to click on To erase and that’s all.
Google will delete everything you’ve said to your Google Assistant. Also, if you activate the automatic deletion option, Google will delete your data after a defined period that you choose when activating the setting.
How to Delete Everything You’ve Ever Said to Amazon Alexa
Amazon Alexa is another very popular personal assistant that you’ll mostly find in smart homes. It is a very useful assistant, but like others, it also collects the information you tell it. Here’s how you can delete anything you’ve ever said to Amazon Alexa.
- Go to Amazon Alexa privacy settings.
- Now go to the tab privacy settings, then click Manage settings.
- Click on Manage your Alexa datathen click here under Voice recordings.
- Here you can filter your data by date or just select all history.
- When you’re done selecting, click Delete all my recordings and click on “ Yes ” to confirm.
Amazon also lets you ask Alexa to delete your recordings, but you’ll need to enable it from Settings first. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Alexa app on your device.
- Now go to Settings and click on Alexa Privacy.
- Click on View voice history and activate the option Enable voice suppression to activate it.
Now say Alexa, please delete my voice history and Alexa will do it for you.
How to Delete Everything You’ve Ever Said to Microsoft Cortana
Microsoft Cortana is a relatively new player in the digital assistant market, but it has improved a lot over the past few months. You’ll find it on Windows PCs, and you can use it to quickly access settings and find other stuff for you. If you want to delete everything you’ve ever said to Microsoft Cortana, here’s how.
- Go to the Privacy section of your Microsoft account by typing account.microsoft.com/privacy/.
- Now go to the section My activity and select Voice.
- The portal will show you all the data associated with Cortana.
- Click on Delete activity to delete all data.
- That’s it.
How to Delete Everything You’ve Ever Said to Apple Siri
Siri is Apple’s personal assistant, and you’ll find it on a huge range of the company’s products, including iPhone, MacBook, iMac, HomePod, and Apple Watch. If you have one of the mentioned devices and want to delete everything you’ve ever said to Siri, follow these steps to delete your data. As the data deletion process for each device varies, we will share the steps for each device separately.
Delete Everything You’ve Ever Said to Siri on iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Now find your way to the section Siri and searchthen select History Siri and dictation.
- Press on Delete Siri and Dictation History to delete everything you’ve ever said to Siri on your iPhone.
- That’s it.
Delete Everything You’ve Ever Said to Siri on MacBook or iMac
- Unlock your MacBook or iMac.
- Access to System Preferencesthen to section Siri.
- Here, click Delete Siri and Dictation History to delete all your data.
- That’s it.
Delete everything you’ve ever said to Siri on HomePod
- Open the app Home on your device.
- Go to HomePod settings and then toSiri history.
- Now press Delete Siri History to delete all Siri data from your HomePod.
Delete everything you’ve ever said to Siri on Apple Watch
- Open your Apple Watch Settings.
- Go to the section Siri then select Siri and dictation history.
- Now press Delete Siri and dictation history for delete everything you’ve ever said to Siri on Apple Watch.
- That’s it.
Delete everything you’ve ever said to Siri on Apple TV
- Open your Apple TV settings.
- Now find your way to the General section, then select Siri History.
- Click on Delete Siri and Dictation History to delete everything you’ve ever said to Siri on your Apple TV.
How to Delete Everything You’ve Ever Said to Samsung’s Bixby
Samsung’s Bixby is another personal assistant you’ll find on Samsung devices. Here’s how to delete everything you said to Bixby.
- Open Bixby Voice on your device.
- Now tap the menu button and select the device for which you want to delete Bixby data.
- Once you have selected the device, go to the chat history and tap the menu icon in the top right corner.
- Select Reset all to delete all data.
- That’s it.
That’s all. In this guide, you learned how to delete everything you said to smart personal assistants like Google Assistant, Siri, Bixby, Alexa, and Cortana. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments. Also check out this guide if you want to learn how to set up and use apple pay cash on iphone.