It’s 2022 and smartphones are better than ever. We have powerful smartphones with impressive features and great power, which allow us to connect with our loved ones, browse the Internet and do many other things. Over the past few years, phones have improved a lot, but overheating is a problem that remains one of the main problems of some smartphones. If your phone is also overheating, we can help. In this guide, you will learn why your phone is overheating and how to prevent your phone from overheating. Let’s start.
Why is your phone overheating?
Before getting to our topic, it is important that we discuss the reasons why your phone is overheating. When it comes to overheating, there can be various factors that promote it, but these are some of the major factors that cause overheating.
- Imperfect design: Imperfect design is one of the main reasons for overheating. Normally, big smartphone companies spend tons of money on R&D of their phones to make sure their phone doesn’t overheat much. However, smaller smartphone companies don’t, which usually results in flawed design. In short, if you don’t want your phone to overheat too much, make sure that you get the phone from renowned companies like Apple, Samsung and others.
- Faulty apps: likewise, if you install an app that is not optimized, the battery will drain and as a result, your phone will overheat.
- Overuse: If you use your phone for an extended period of time and keep charging it while in use, it can also lead to overheating.
- Overload: If you charge your phone to 100% and leave it charging overnight, it can also lower your battery health and as a result, you may experience overheating.
How to prevent your phone from overheating
In the previous section, we explained why smartphones overheat. We are now going to share some effective tips that you can use to prevent your phone from overheating.
Make sure you use your phone at the optimum temperature
Smartphones are designed to be used at optimal temperatures, and if you live in a very cold or hot area, chances are your phone will get overheated. Many smartphones tend to overheat, especially when used in high temperature areas. So, if you live in a hot area, make sure to use your phone in an air-conditioned room. Otherwise, make sure you don’t use your phone for long periods of time to avoid overheating.
Don’t use too many apps or heavy apps at the same time
Smartphones have improved a lot over the years and their processors have also become very powerful. However, it is also true that the applications have become heavier at the same time and they need a lot of resources. So, if you are using many apps or heavy apps at the same time then they will consume more power and hence your phone will get hot. For example, if you run heavy apps like PUBG, Facebook, WhatsApp and others at the same time, they will consume more power and eventually your phone will overheat. So if you don’t want this to happen, only run a few apps at the same time to get better performance and avoid overheating.
Also, if you have an old smartphone, chances are you will experience overheating more often. So if this happens with your phone then you can use the lite versions of the apps which will help you a great deal in fixing the overheating issues.
Change your phone case
Most smartphones these days have a glass back that gives them a premium look, but it also makes them more likely to crack if dropped. So, many people prefer to use a good case to protect their smartphones. However, if you don’t use a good case, it can trap heat, which is dissipated through the back of the phone, and your phone can overheat.
So, if your phone is overheating, you can change your phone case and try another one. For example, if you are using a plastic case, you can switch to a leather case to check if it is a priest. If the problem persists, you can use dedicated phone cases, which are designed to prevent your phone from overheating.
Overcharging is the slow killer of your phone battery, and if you overcharge your phone regularly, it will reduce your battery health and eventually you will start experiencing overcharging issues as the battery will release power quickly. We therefore recommend that you do not overcharge your phone and only charge your battery to 90% to avoid overcharging.
How do I cool my phone?
If your phone is overheating and you want to cool it down, you can use the following methods.
- Turn off your device: One of the quickest ways to cool down a heated smartphone is to turn it off. Leave it for a few minutes, and it will return to room temperature.
- Close all apps: You can also cool down your smartphone by closing all apps running in the background.
Can overheating damage your phone?
Yes, your smartphone can be damaged by overheating, but it doesn’t happen quickly. This only happens if you expose your phone to extreme temperatures. If your phone overheats to a normal temperature, it won’t suffer any damage in most cases, but we still recommend that you take steps to prevent overheating.
Overheating is surely a major problem with smartphones, but you can use the tips above to avoid overheating. We hope this guide has been helpful to you, and if you’d like us to cover a topic of your choice, please let us know in the comments. Also check this guide on how to secure your Android smartphone from hacking.